Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tonga!


It was the night before I left, and as a treat my sisters took me out, along with her son ( Peni ) and my brother  ( Joe ). We first went to the temple, it was the first time I saw the Tongan temple. It looked exactly like all the the other temples. There then is a long, straight bold carving of a golden man. Who is holding a bible or a trumpet.  After taking a few photo's we left, our next destination was the blowholes.



Mapu a Vaea or "Whistle of the Noble" is the blowholes on the island of Tongatapu in the village of Houma in the Kingdom of Tonga. When waves crash into the rocks, and it goes into the hole, the reaction to this is that the water blows through and create a volcano-like effect. It is one of the highlights of the tours around the island of Tongatapu. It is called Mapu a "Vaea" is because the person who discovered it, is last name is Vaea.




No comments:

Post a Comment